Writing Goals: 2018

    It's 2018!! I'm freaking out. I can't believe it's already 2018. I feel like this is the story of my life though, so I'll try not to freak out too much for you. :) I'm so kind, am I not? Well, since it's the beginning of the year lots of people are making lots of different goals. I did some goals on my normal blog (which is now Intertwining Melodies!) so you can check that out.



     But since this is a writing/reading blog (and mostly writing) I thought I'd make a writing goals thing for 2018. So here goes!

     Well, I currently have only one story that I've actually finished called Vindicta (which you can read about here). So one goal this year is to finish editing that and hopefully get it to the place where I can have people read it and give feedback (which is called beta-reading apparently).

     Vindicta isn't very long, but I'm hoping to go through it and fix some plot holes and add some more stuff to it, so it will probably get longer. I also have a few ideas for sequels on the backburner that might surface at some point.

     A second goal I have is to keep up with my blogs. Obviously, I have a lot going on in my life. School, church, more school, jobs, even more school. It's mostly school I have going on. *sighs

     But with all that said, I want to try to post at least one blog post a week. I'm not going to super particular about which blog (though I've been going really consistently on Intertwining Melodies so I'd like to keep that up). In all honesty, though, it will probably be this blog that gets dropped first. You've been warned!

     Still, I'd like to keep all three (*chokes) blogs I have up right now running consistently. I was super excited to start and design this blog and I don't want to just drop it. :)



     The final goal is to finish (and maybe edit, but let's not get too crazy) one book this year. It will probably be a little longer than Vindicta, but I might end up adding some stuff in editing and all that so I'm not stressing about the length right now. 

     It's pretty impressive that I can actually finish short books, so I'm not going to argue with that. It will be easier for me to add more after the book is finished. (Haha, almost wrote "more add after" instead of "add more after." *facepalm) 

     I have a specific book in mind, working title Determination, but I haven't gotten a whole page up for it yet on this blog. If I do end up working on it after finishing editing Vindicta, I'll probably put up a page at that point.

     So those are my writing goals for 2018! I might be giving updates on my progress as the year goes on. (It's 2018!! *freaks out again)

~ Anna Iolene



Do you have any writing goals for this year? What are they? Comment every once and a while to check up on my goals, in case I forget. (I'm really great at remembering things, aren't I?)


Comments