Welcome to Grace Iolene!

     My name is Anna, and I'm an aspiring writer. The purpose of this blog is to chronicle my writing journey, as well as motivate me (hopefully) to write more. We'll see how that goes!!




      By way of introduction - I'm a sixteen year old who lives in good o'le Southern California. I have three siblings, one dog, and three chickens (we used to have ten, but coyotes got them). I love to read and write (obviously) as well as learn new things! Generally. There are a few exceptions to that.

     The blog name comes from my name, basically. Anna, as you may or may not know, means Grace, and Iolene is my middle name (pronounced the same as Eileen, or however else you may spell it). It's a family name (my great-grandma had it originally, I think) which accounts for the strange-ish spelling. :)

     But anyway - I thought it sounded really nice together. The other part (the "description" below the blog title) is "for His glory" His meaning God's glory. I'm a Christian - and proud of it - and because of that, everything that I do should be to glorify God. So everything I do on here will (hopefully) end up glorifying Him. That's my goal, anyway.

      As a tour of this new blog (love the design... but then I designed it, so.): Below the title for the blog, there's a tabs section with various topics I'm going to try and cover at some point, as well as an About Me section, which is... about me. :)

     To the left, above the title, there are those three little lines. Click on those, and you'll see the Stuff on Here section (well named, I know), which is just some topics that I may or may not be covering at some point. I'm by no means a professional writer, but I figured I could share what I know, or maybe point you all in the direction of someone who knows a lot better than I do. :)

     My (wonderful) babies... section is for all my stories. This list will probably grow (or maybe even shrink!) throughout the life of this blog. Up for More? is pretty obviously my archive section... Just in case anyone wants to look up an article by year or month... Or whatever.




     My plan is to post every Saturday, usually with some sort of 'theme' on a certain numbered Saturday. For example, the (tentative) plan is to do a book-related post on the third Saturday of each month. Even those this is a "writing blog," I still want to include books, since those are what inspired me to write in the first place, and what continues to keep me inspired.

     Also - as a warning - don't expect any super helpful information from me. I'm mostly just starting to think out this stuff for myself, but I thought I'd share what little I am learning in the hopes it will be helpful for someone. And I think that in the end, it will be helpful for me, to let me get all my thoughts in one spot.

     And that's the basic layout for my blog! I hope that it will prove helpful (or at least entertaining) to read this.

~ Anna Iolene


Is anyone else excited?! Any specific topics you'd be interested in hearing my opinion on? I can try to help with any story related problems you might have, but I can't promise answers. :)


Comments

  1. I'd like to see an article concerning chapter length. My chapters are pitifully short all the time, and I'd like some advice about how to stretch my chapter length.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got it! I'll put that on my list of ideas. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm really interested in learning how to get past the first chapter, or even through it. ;)
    My stories always fail after about three paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to come up with something useful! I don't know how much of a help I'll be, but maybe I can get it past chapter two. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment