Bookishness Vol. 3

    Welcome to my third bookishness post! This is a little late (sorry) but at least you're getting it! I'm thinking about my different blogs and some things I might change about how I operate them so that posts are more consistent and all that. I'll let you know what I figure out. :)


     This month has been crazy busy (again...) so I didn't read that much. Most of my books are actually school books, but whatever. I'm still counting them. And one of the below books I haven't actually finished yet (Don't Waste Your Life), but I'm really close so I'm going to include it as well. 

     Probably my favorite book this month is the one I haven't quite finished yet - Don't Waste Your Life. It is a really interesting, convicting book about living your life for Jesus and not wasting it. (Haha, who would've guessed?!)

     It reminds me a lot of Do Hard Things by Alex and Brett Harris (another book I 100% recommend) but it explains the concept in different ways. It's honestly really convicting. What am I doing to glorify God? What can I do so I'm not wasting my life? 

     Anyway... Back from all those deep thoughts. On to the list and ratings of the books I've read this month!

Books I've Read...

When Pride Still Mattered - David Maraniss
     

The Journals of Jim Elliot - Edited by Elizabeth Elliot
     ✩✩✩

Don't Waste Your Life - John Piper
     ✩✩✩✩✩

Medea - Euripides
     ✩✩✩

Eumenides - Aeschylus
     ✩✩✩

Apology - Plato
     ✩✩✩

My star ratings:
✩✩✩✩✩ (5) - So amazing - I couldn't put it down
✩✩✩✩ (4) - Great book! Definitely recommend
✩✩✩ (3- Eh. So-so. I might read it again if I'm bored
✩✩ (2 - Not so great… Probably wouldn't recommend or read again.
✩ (1) - Ugg. Awful book. I would not read this again.

     And that's it for this week! Thanks for reading, and have a great week. Hopefully I'll have a post up on time next Friday. :)

~ Anna Iolene

What did you read this month? Have you read Don't Waste Your Life or Do Hard Things? Let me know what you thought of them!

Comments