Bookishness Vol. 1

     I love books. I absolutely love books. I devour them. I love their scents, their feels, their pages, and most of all - their words. Books are what inspired me to write myself. Exploring the worlds others have created makes me want to create my own.




     This is the first post in a little series I'll have every third Saturday (if this goes as planned - no promises). I'll say what I've read the last month, which books are my favorites (and probably why) and then what I'd like to read next.

     So, with no further ado... Here's the first volume of bookishness. :)

     I didn't read many books this month (*hides in shame). So I'm extending this post to include books that I've read since October.

     By far my favorite book I've read these past few months was The Robe by Llyod C. Douglas. The book is about a Roman Tribune named Marcellus who gets sent to Israel as a sort of punishment and ends up assisting in the crucifixion of Jesus. He is tormented by guilt, and the rest of the book follows him, his servant and family. It kept me on the edge of my seat and was an amazing read. I would definitely recommend it.

     I also really enjoyed Jake's Fortune, but that was a reread and I've liked it for a long time I'm not going to count it. (Fun fact about that book... I actually know Mrs. Jackson. Her family used to go to our small group before they moved.)

     Now I'm going to share a list of the books I read and then my star rating for them... See below to see what exactly each star rating means. :)




Books I've Read...

Brother Andrew: God's Secret Agent - Janet and Geoff Benge
     ✩✩✩✩

The Expository Genius of John Calvin - Steven Lawson
     ✩✩✩

The Robe - Lloyd C. Douglas
     ✩✩✩✩✩

The Joys of Reading: Life's Greatest Pleasure - Burton Rascoe
     ✩✩✩

Jake's Fortune - Ray Comfort and Anna Jackson
     ✩✩✩✩✩


      


My star ratings:
✩✩✩✩✩ (5) - So amazing - I couldn't put it down
✩✩✩✩ (4) - Great book! Definitely recommend
✩✩✩ (3- Eh. So-so. I might read it again if I'm bored
✩✩ (2 - Not so great… Probably wouldn't recommend or read again.
✩ (1) - Ugg. Awful book. I would not read this again.


     Apologies for the late post... I scheduled this one on the wrong day on accident. :)


     That's it for this week! You'll be getting these updates (hopefully) every third week of the month, so stay tuned for some great book recommendations. :)

~ Anna Iolene



What did y'all read this month? Any books you really liked that you would recommend for me? I'm always ready to read new books. :) Have you read any of the books I mentioned? Did you like them?


Comments